Ashfield Healthcare Communications has established the following guidelines with respect to Advertising on its healthcare websites and as part of its email campaigns. Advertising includes third-party banner ads, content, and programs. Ashfield Healthcare Communications has full and sole discretion as to advertisements that will be displayed and/or removed, as well as enforcement and/or revisions of this policy and all issues associated with Advertising on its websites and in its publicity campaigns.
Ashfield Healthcare Communications has full and sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and featured on its website properties and in its email campaigns. Acceptance of any Advertisement is not an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
Certain types of Advertisements will not be accepted for display on Ashfield Healthcare Communications properties or in email campaigns at any time; these include but are not limited to:
- Illegal or objectionable products
- Fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading, or offensive material
- Material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied), or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability; or any other status deemed inappropriate for Ashfield Healthcare Communications digital properties and products
- Weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- Pornography or related themes
- Tobacco use
- The simulation of news or an emergency
- Material that directly advertises products to consumers
- Material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children
- Media or messages for or that reference "M" rated video games or content
- Unreasonable, unlikely, or extraordinary product or service claims
All Advertising on our digital properties and products will be labeled to designate that the advertisement is provided by or on behalf of a supporter. Paid advertisements will be identified with the label, “Advertisement” to inform the visitor that he/she is reading or being redirected to third-party paid advertised content—and to distinguish paid advertisements from independent content, non-paying advertisements, and "friendly links".
This Advertising policy also governs third-party sponsored content on Ashfield Healthcare Communications websites, as described in our Editorial policy.
We may reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising from its healthcare websites or publicity campaigns for any reason and will provide notice and explanation to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising.
It is the Advertiser's responsibility to comply with all domestic and foreign laws and regulations applicable to its advertisements on our websites and publicity campaigns, including current FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) advertising. Although we will not monitor compliance with such laws and regulations, we reserve the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if we become aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, we may remove the Advertising.
No Advertising on Ashfield Healthcare Communications websites or publicity campaigns shall include pixels, tags, flash containers, or any other type of information collection software code or shall place any beacons, cookies, or other information collection devices on the browsers of users of Ashfield Healthcare Communications websites or publicity campaigns unless approved in writing by Ashfield Healthcare Communications.